Entity Framework 6.0 Introduction:
Welcome to Entity Framework 6 Tutorials section. Here, you will learn about the new features introduced in Entity Framework 6.0 with Visual Studio 2012.
Entity Framework 6.0 has introduced many new exciting features for Database-First (designer) and Code-First approaches.
Features for Database First (Designer) and Code-First Both:
- Connection resiliency
- Asynchronous query and save
- Code-based configuration
- Database command logging
- Database command interception
- Dependency Resolution
- Better Transaction Support
- Pluggable pluralisation and singularization service
- Testability improvements
- Creating context with an open connection
- Improved performance and warm-up time
Features for Code-First:
- Custom conventions
- Insert, update & delete stored procedures for entity CUD operation
- Index attribute (EF 6.1)
- Multiple context per database
- Nested entity types
- Custom migration operations
- Configurable migration history table
Visit MSDN for detailed information on EF 6.x.
Click Next to learn some features of Entity Framework 6.x.