Entity Framework 6.0 Introduction
Welcome to Entity Framework 6 database-first tutorials section.
Here, you will learn how to use Entity Framework 6 with the existing database of your application.
It starts from creating an Entity Data Model from your existing database and it will show you how to save and query data using Entity Framework 6.x.
Entity Framework 6.0 has introduced many new exciting features for Database-First (designer) and Code-First approaches.
Download EF 6 DB-First Demo Project from GitHub. This includes working example codes with SchoolDB sample database.
EF 6 Database-First and Code-First Features
- Creating Entity Data Model from your existing database
- Querying data using LINQ
- Saving data
- Using existing stored procedures, views, and table-valued functions
- CRUD operations using stored procedures
- Optimistic concurrency & transactions support
- Supports Spatial Data Types
- Connection resiliency
- Asynchronous query and save
- Code-based configuration
- Database command logging
- Database command interception
- Dependency Resolution
- Better Transaction Support
- Pluggable pluralization and singularization service
- Testability improvements
- Creating context with an open connection
- Improved performance and warm-up time
Visit MSDN for detailed information on EF 6.x.
Click Next to start learning Entity Framework 6 database-first approach.